Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sayonara September!

"September, September, a month we will remember..."  My 4 year old has been singing this song from pre-k all month.  She has no idea how right she is.....I am so glad to see this month end.  It started off with a fire in one of the local elementary schools that destroyed the building.  Followed by lots of stress at work for me, oldest daughter having a stomach bug once, and me twice, the death of a dear Uncle, the 2 year anniversary of my father's death, the death of a sweet dear neighbor,  my nephew being hit by a drunk driver, my husband getting the very short end of a stick at work, resulting in substantial monthy income loss, and my brother having a tractor accident in which a rock was thrown into his leg, and bone, shattering the bone and creating potential for serious infection later.  Yeah, it's been one of those months. 
But the whole reason I created this blog, other than to vent to the air when I don't want to burden those around me, was to force myself to look at all I have to be grateful for, right?  No one wants to read pity parties day after day.  So my goal this morning is to find the good in each situation.  The school fire was at 3 am, so no kids were hurt.  HUGE blessing.  I lost 5 pounds with the stomach bugs, only 15 more to go!  My nephew was not injured at ALL in the accident, even though his car was totalled.  My Daddy, while oh so greatly missed, because he was my backbone and cheerleader, is not in pain any longer.  Oh so missed.  My brother saw a doctor that understood the potential ramifications of his injury and did surgery immediately, minimizing risk of bone infection.  As for my husband's work.  That's hard.  I'm not sure how we're gonna pay our bills.  But, one thing is that he will have less stress in terms of responsibility.  Once he gets over the depression...

So today, my school calendar is clean.  My home calendar - you gotta check out Cozi - is JAM packed.  Lots of activities and responsibilities, the most important being my comps exams for my Master's Degree.  I don't have the misconception that it is going to be any less stressful.  But one day at a time, turns into one month at a time, and last month is gone...  My Wish is that October will be kinder and gentler to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment