Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today

Today is my "baby's" birthday.  It marks the beginning of the end of a lot of things... her last year before being a teenager, her last birthday at the school where I work, the last birthday I can celebrate of her's before I am officially "THE PARENT OF A TEENAGER!"  All of the above bring me sadness. 

But, see, I tend to dwell on the pain, and tomorrow.  So Today, it's all about her.  I need to make this precious, sassy, sensitive, moody, active baby o' mine understand that she is cherished. Loved.  Needed. Wanted. Understood.  Appreciated.  It's time to get this relationship completely solidified so we can venture into the teen years in a good place. 

Tomorrow, it will be her un-birthday.  I'll have to start all over again.  And everyday.  Because that's what motherhood is. 

But today, we'll have muffins with a candle, birthday card in the lunchbag, facebook posts, and her favorite, pizza, for dinner.  Because I am grateful for her. Everyday. And I wish that each day she will understand just how special she really is.  Today is going to be a good day.  I'm gonna make it that way.

Happy Birthday squirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment